I’m thinking of bringing a more glamorous fanny pack back into fashion. Well, at least for my personal use.
The clutch purse I made several months ago will be the one I use to make my fanny pack.
Years ago when hubby and I would travel we would quickly grab our fanny packs, especially when we went to Reno or Las Vegas.
I know that they’re not very fashionable and considered elderly wear, and a faux pas, but I’m here to bring it back into fashion for women.
Since we’ll be taking a little trip soon, I’m trying to make things a little easier for myself because my purse weighs at least 10 lbs. with all the junk I carry in it. My idea sounds good for me and hope some of you will think the same.
I found a metal chain belt that will be used to fasten around my waist holding the purse in place once I sew some belt loops on the inside of my clutch purse.
Finding what to wear it with will be fun.
Okay, I’m ready.
This was my first try at making a little purse and was fun to make because I’m thinking my granddaughter will enjoy it. It’s cute for Valentine’s day or any day of the week.
1. Choose your fabric, I used felt rectangles, for both inside and outside, but would now use cotton fabric for the lining, since the felt, along with the beaded trim made it hard to sew together.
2. Use a heart pattern, any size that will work for you. My heart was 7 1/4 inches wide and about the same for length.
3. Cut 2 pieces for the outside of the purse and 2 pieces for the lining and sew the pieces together on wrong sides leaving a little opening to turn inside out.
4. Trim is optional, but I wanted a beaded trim, so I basted it on the inside of one of the finished sides and then put both sides together and sewed on outer edge of the heart, but make sure you don’t sew the top because that will be the opening of the purse. And now you should have the body of the purse.
5. You will need to punch 2 holes on top of each heart to thread the cord through for the shoulder strap. I also used eyelets for the punched holes to give the holes a more finished look
6. If you’d like you can embellish the purse, I used a felt flower that I made and added a button in the center of the flower.
And voila, you should have a cute purse to use or give as a gift.♥♥♥♥♥♥
“I never know what’s in my purse.”—Me ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥