This was my first try at making a little purse and was fun to make because I’m thinking my granddaughter will enjoy it. It’s cute for Valentine’s day or any day of the week.
1. Choose your fabric, I used felt rectangles, for both inside and outside, but would now use cotton fabric for the lining, since the felt, along with the beaded trim made it hard to sew together.
2. Use a heart pattern, any size that will work for you. My heart was 7 1/4 inches wide and about the same for length.
3. Cut 2 pieces for the outside of the purse and 2 pieces for the lining and sew the pieces together on wrong sides leaving a little opening to turn inside out.
4. Trim is optional, but I wanted a beaded trim, so I basted it on the inside of one of the finished sides and then put both sides together and sewed on outer edge of the heart, but make sure you don’t sew the top because that will be the opening of the purse. And now you should have the body of the purse.
5. You will need to punch 2 holes on top of each heart to thread the cord through for the shoulder strap. I also used eyelets for the punched holes to give the holes a more finished look
6. If you’d like you can embellish the purse, I used a felt flower that I made and added a button in the center of the flower.
And voila, you should have a cute purse to use or give as a gift.♥♥♥♥♥♥
“I never know what’s in my purse.”—Me ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥